Jefferson County Board of Commissioners met Aug. 14.
Here is the minutes provided by the Commissioners:
The Tuesday meeting of the Board of County Commissioners (The Board) is an open meeting in which The Board approves contracts, expends funds, hears testimony, makes decisions on land use cases and takes care of other county matters. The public is welcome to attend.
The Board meeting has three parts: Public Comment, the Business Meeting and the Public Hearing.
Agenda items will normally be considered in the order they appear on this agenda. However, The Board may alter the agenda, take breaks during the meeting, work through the noon hour; and even continue an item to a future meeting date.
Business Meeting (8:00 am)
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes Dated July 31, 2018
CONSENT AGENDA PROCEDURES - Items on the Business Meeting Consent
Agenda generally are decided by The Board without further discussion at the meeting. However, any Board member may remove an item from the
Business Meeting Consent Agenda. The Board is not required to take public comment on removed items, but may request additional information and input.
1. Resolution CC18-263 Expenditure Approval Listings Dated August 9, 2018 - Accounting
2. Resolution CC18-264 Ratification of Expenditure Approval Listings Dated August 2, 2018 - Accounting
Tuesday, August 14, 2018 (continued)
3. Resolution CC18-265 Expenditure Approval Listings Dated August 16, 2018 - Accounting
4. Resolution CC18-266 Bi-Weekly Payroll Register - Accounting
5. Resolution CC18-267 Appointments to the Jefferson County Corrections Board - Board of County Commissioners
6. Resolution CC18-268 Policy Manual - Part 3, Chapter 5, Section 3 Regarding Prairie Dog Relocation into Jefferson County - Board of County Commissioners
7. Resolution CC18-269 Waiver of Administrative Policy Part 6, Chapter 4 Section 2.D.1.g - Dinosaur Ridge Land Exchange Proposal - Open Space
8. Resolution CC18-270 Grant Application and Agreement - Great Outdoors Colorado Habitat Restoration Grant - Open Space
9. Resolution CC18-271 Contract Second Amendment - The Action Center for Funding Adjustment - Human Services
10. Resolution CC18-272 Payroll and Payment Certifications for the Month of June 2018 - Human Services
11. Resolution CC18-273 Contract - C&L Water Solutions Inc. for Cured-in-Place Pipe Repair Services (NTE $135,240.00) - Transportation and Engineering
12. Resolution CC18-274 Contract Sixth Amendment - Silva Construction Inc. for Concrete Removal and Replacement (additional $750,000.00 for total contract amount NTE $4,070,790.00) - Road and Bridge
13. Resolution CC18-275 Purchase Order Modification - American West Construction, LLC for Retaining Wall Repairs in the Conifer Town Center (additional $52,380.00 for total expenditure amount NTE $500,380.00) - Road and Bridge
14. Resolution CC18-276 Loan Request - Colorado Department of Transportation for Equipment and Security Gates Purchase - Airport
15. Resolution CC18-277 Ratification of Lease First Amendment - Sheltair Denver, LLC for Fixed Base Operator Ground Lease - Airport Tuesday, August 14, 2018 (continued)
16. Resolution CC18-278 Ratification of Gravel Parking Lot Lease - Navarro Research & Engineering Inc. - Airport
17. Resolution CC18-279 Contract - Computer Sites Inc. for the Roof Top Unit #4 Replacement at the Dakota Building ($158,471.00) - Facilities
Other Contracts and Resolutions for which Notice was not possible may be considered.
Regular Agenda - No Agenda Items
There are two parts to the Public Hearing Agenda: the Hearing Consent Agenda and the Regular Hearing Agenda.
Items are listed on the Hearing Consent Agenda because no testimony is expected. In the event a Commissioner or any member of the public wishes to testify regarding an item on the Consent Agenda, the item will be removed and considered with the Regular Hearing Agenda.
Unless otherwise stated by the Chair, a motion to approve the Hearing
Consent Agenda shall include and be subject to staff’s findings, recommendations, and conditions as listed in the applicable Staff Report.
Hearing Consent Agenda
18. Resolution CC18-254 2018 Budget - August Supplementary Budget and Appropriation - Budget
19. Resolution CC18-256
Case Number: 17-133670RZ: Rezoning
Case Name: Arcadia Creek Official Development Plan
Owner/Applicant: Jeffrey B. Good
Location: 5234 West Leawood Drive, Section 24,
Township 5 South, Range 69 West
Approximate Area: 7.5 Acres
Purpose: To rezone from Residential-One (R-1) to
Planned Development (PD) to allow for 25 single-family detached dwelling units.
Today’s Action: To continue the case to August 28, 2018.
Case Manager: Justin Montgomery
20. Resolution CC18-259
Case Number: 18-106199SV: Service Plan
Case Name: Plains Metropolitan District
Applicant: Plains Metropolitan District
Location: Multiple Parcels, Lots and Tracts (see legal description in attached Service Plan)
A portion of Sections 29, 32 and 33, Township
5 South, Range 69 West
Approximate Area: 491.242 Acres
Purpose: To amend an existing Service Plan for the
Plains Metropolitan District.
Today’s Action: To set the formal hearing date of August 28, 2018 for the amendment to the Service Plan
Case Manager: Mike Madrid
21. Resolution CC18-257
Case Number: 18-100091RZ: Rezoning
Case Name: Steves Carpet Care Official Development Plan
Owner/Applicant: Mitch Raymond Pollock & Brittany Hall
Location: 7657 West 111th Avenue
Section 11, Township 2 South, Range 69 West
Approximate Area: 2.61 Acres
Purpose: To rezone from Agricultural One (A-1) to a
Planned Development (PD) which follows
A-1 standard zoning and allows a carpet care business.
Today’s Action: To continue the case to September 11, 2018.
Case Manager: Jennifer McGinnis